Thank you to the 1600+ volunteers who worked at 75+ different
clean up sites along
35 miles of waterways to clean a creek in 2016.
- About 16 tons of garbage were removed from creeks throughout Sacramento County.
- For the seventh year, water quality testing was conducted at selected sites. Water quality demonstrations by professional scientists were conducted at some clean-up sites.
- About 200 adults and children attended our Creek Week Activities led by scientists and volunteer docents providing background and meaning for our volunteer clean-ups.
- Thanks to Blacktop Comedy for their entertainment, and to our Sponsors' earth-friendly exhibits.
Thanks to Mira Loma High School students and the members of Kiwanis and Key Clubs.
Thanks to the Carmichael Chamber of Commerce for preparing and serving lunch to all. And Thanks to all our volunteers who worked hard to make this year's Celebration a success!
- Splash Off keynote speaker Jeff Harris, Sacramento City Councilman, welcomed sponsors and presented Caleb Greenwood Elementary students with our Creek Steward award for their School Garden Project.
All our volunteers deserve credit for improving the health of Sacramento's creeks